Job Ref: EC10723-2
Job Title: Video Editor
Reports to: Head of Post-Production
About Eman Channel:
Eman Channel aims to produce high-quality programs; in terms of both production value and Islamic principles; available freely on satellite television, mobile app and online. Eman Channel is a real alternative Islamic channel for Muslims. Established over 7 years ago, based in London, Eman Channel broadcasts Islamic-centric programmes on Sky 757, Online via our website and various social media platforms.
The field of Islamic Media requires a boost to help engage all members of the Muslim community. We believe that Muslim families should be able to sit together and enjoy entertaining and informative programs, and our channel intends to bring about this positive change. Whilst our programs will provide suitable entertainment for all ages, our Islamic values will always be considered as well as the tolerant and respectful values of the country that host our channel. Viewers will be able to enjoy a large variety of unique and inspiring programs, from educational lectures to cookery and comedy shows.
We are looking for a talented and creative Motion Graphics Designer and Video Editor to join our prestigious television channel. As a Motion Graphics Designer and Video Editor, you will be in charge of producing visually appealing motion graphics and effectively combining them with video footage. Your responsibilities will include creating and animating visuals, as well as editing and refining video material to create high-quality content for television broadcasts and digital platforms. The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills in motion graphics design, video editing experience, and a great eye for visual aesthetics. This role plays a crucial role in our creative team and could work remotely on occasion.
Type: 5 Days a week (Full-Time)
Base Location: East London (and remote as and when feasible)
Salary: £24k – £26k Per annum
Start Date: A.S.A.P
- Transforming raw footage into polished, high-end video masterpieces.
- Using Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop to the fullest extent possible.
- Creating great motion graphics to improve the content.
- Meeting deadlines while maintaining high standards of quality.
- Collaborating with our talented team to bring creative visions to life.
- Edit and compile raw footage into appealing video content that complies to the highest quality requirements for television broadcasts and digital platforms.
- Enhance videos with appropriate transitions, effects, sound design, and colour grading to create a cohesive and immersive viewing experience.
- Collaborate with producers, directors, and other team members to grasp project requirements and provide creative solutions.
- Keep up to date on the newest video editing techniques, tools, and industry trends to consistently improve the quality of your films.
Organisation and time management:
- Prioritise work, manage numerous projects at once, and adhere to deadlines.
- Maintain an organised system for storing and archiving video footage, motion graphics, project files, and related assets.
- Ensure smooth coordination and excellent project execution by working effectively with the production team.
- Expertise with Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop and After Effects.
- It is advantageous to have experience editing programmes, such as Final Cut Pro and Da Vinci Resolve.
- A track record of producing top-notch video edits in a timely manner.
- Track record of success designing motion graphics.
- A keen sense of accuracy, precision, and originality.
- Effective teamwork and communication skills.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in the television industry
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Flexibility to work remotely on occasion.
- Opportunity to contribute to meaningful projects that make a positive impact.
- Development and growth opportunities.