Job Ref: EC106
Job Title: Sales Assistant
Reports to: Sales Manager
About Eman Channel: Eman Channel aims to produce high-quality programs; in terms of both production value and Islamic principles; available freely on satellite television, mobile app and online. Eman Channel is a real alternative Islamic channel for Muslims.
Established over 7 years ago, based in London, Eman Channel broadcasts Islamic-centric programmes on Sky 757, Online via our website and various social media platforms.
The field of Islamic Media requires a boost to help engage all members of the Muslim community. We believe that Muslim families should be able to sit together and enjoy entertaining and informative programs, and our channel intends to bring about this positive change. Whilst our programs will provide suitable entertainment for all ages, our Islamic values will always be considered as well as the tolerant and respectful values of the country that host our channel. Viewers will be able to enjoy a large variety of unique and inspiring programs, from educational lectures to cookery and comedy shows.
The Sales Assistant will be responsible for supporting the sales team in generating revenue for the TV station through the sale of advertising and sponsorship packages. Also, following up on enquiries and filling out the account manager’s diary in a TV station.
Remuneration: Dependant on experience (negotiable)
Base Location: East London (and remote as and when feasible)
- Assisting the sales team in identifying new business opportunities and generating leads for advertising and sponsorship packages through cold-calling, networking, and attending events.
- Preparing sales proposals and presentations for clients, in collaboration with the account managers and creative team.
- Following up on enquiries and providing excellent customer service to clients, ensuring their needs are met and their campaigns are successful and providing them with relevant information and pricing details.
- Maintaining accurate records of all sales-related activities, including client information, sales figures, and marketing campaigns.
- Collaborating with other departments, such as production and traffic, to ensure that advertising and sponsorship campaigns are delivered effectively.
- Providing administrative support to the sales team, such as preparing contracts, invoices, and reports.
- Staying up-to-date with industry trends and developments, and providing insights to the sales team.
- Filling out the account manager’s diary with appointments, deadlines, and other important information to ensure that they are aware of all upcoming meetings and tasks.
- Assisting the account manager in preparing proposals and presentations for clients.
- Ensure that the studio is always in a ready state, maintaining and organising equipment and ensuring all studio workflows are efficient.
- At least 1 years of experience in a sales or marketing role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with the TV advertising and sponsorship industry.
- Experience in a Media company.