Job Ref: EC107
Job Title: Producer x 2 (we are looking for two people to perform this role)
Reports to: Head of Programming (Pre-Production)
About Eman Channel: Eman Channel aims to produce high-quality programs; in terms of both production value and Islamic principles; available freely on satellite television, mobile app and online. Eman Channel is a real alternative Islamic channel for Muslims.
Established over 7 years ago, based in London, Eman Channel broadcasts Islamic-centric programmes on Sky 757, Online via our website and various social media platforms.
The field of Islamic Media requires a boost to help engage all members of the Muslim community. We believe that Muslim families should be able to sit together and enjoy entertaining and informative programs, and our channel intends to bring about this positive change. Whilst our programs will provide suitable entertainment for all ages, our Islamic values will always be considered as well as the tolerant and respectful values of the country that host our channel. Viewers will be able to enjoy a large variety of unique and inspiring programs, from educational lectures to cookery and comedy shows.
We are excited to announce that we are looking for a talented and passionate candidate to join our Programming team. As a Producer, you will be responsible for coming up with the concept of TV shows as well working and engaging at various stages of the full Eman Channel Operating Model (Concept to Production to Broadcast to Post broadcast review). You should be able to prepare budget constraints as per the needs. Although you may be involved in all areas of the project, including pre-production, production, post-production, and marketing, you may have the options to delegate some responsibilities to an associate or a line producer depending on the complexity of the programme in question.
Ideally, prior work experience as a TV Producer or a similar role will be an added advantage to the candidate.
With responsibility for the success of a finished TV programme, you’ll work closely with directors and other production staff, either in a studio or on location, to ensure a creative and stable working environment for everyone involved in the project.
Remuneration: Dependant on experience (negotiable)
Type: 5 Days a week (Full-Time)
Base Location: East London (and remote as and when feasible)
- • Read, research, and assess ideas and finished scripts.
• Researching and selecting the right locations for filming.
• Build budget forecast secure the finance for a new production.
• Commission writers (as and when there is a need) and/or secure the rights to published material.
• Liaise with key staff, including a director and a crew to shoot programmes.
• pull together all the strands of creative and practical talent involved in the project to create a team.
• Allocate resources to practise efficiency.
• Organise shooting schedules – dependent on the type of producer role and availability of support staff.
• Hold regular meetings with all stakeholders involved in the project.
• Troubleshoot problems that arise.
• Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, codes of practice and health and safety laws.
• Involvement in the progress of the project from production through to post-production
• Support the finished production to be on time and to budget.
• Analyse data and present report on a regular basis
- Experience in the Media industry as a TV Producer, or a similar role.
- Ability to work for a long period of time with focus and diligence.
- Taking responsibility and leading on activities where required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and consider other stakeholders when planning.
- Ability to solve problems especially on the TV sets promptly.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to make concise decisions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional organisational and people skills.
- A creative and hardworking individual.
- Media Degree or relevant qualifications.