Post Production Manager
Job Ref: EC105
Job Title: Post-Production Manager
Reports to: CEO
About Eman Channel: Eman Channel aims to produce high-quality programs; in terms of both production value and Islamic principles; available freely on satellite television, mobile app and online. Eman Channel is a real alternative Islamic channel for Muslims.
Established over 7 years ago, based in London, Eman Channel broadcasts Islamic-centric programmes on Sky 757, Online via our website and various social media platforms.
The field of Islamic Media requires a boost to help engage all members of the Muslim community. We believe that Muslim families should be able to sit together and enjoy entertaining and informative programs, and our channel intends to bring about this positive change. Whilst our programs will provide suitable entertainment for all ages, our Islamic values will always be considered as well as the tolerant and respectful values of the country that host our channel. Viewers will be able to enjoy a large variety of unique and inspiring programs, from educational lectures to cookery and comedy shows.
As part of the Senior Management Team (SMT) the primary role of the Post-Production Manager is to oversee post-production for in-house and acquired video content to meet deadlines and budgets. This will mean there needs to be appreciation of and collaboration with all other stakeholders and functions including but not limited to, Marketing, Pre-Production & Production. This role requires strong technical understanding as well as strong organisational skills. You must know how to remain within budget, including cutting costs as necessary. You will need to work effectively and efficiently under pressure with a wide variety of staff and be able to work within the programs vision during the post-production process.
Remuneration: Dependant on experience (negotiable)
Type: 5 days a week
Base Location: East London (and remote as and when feasible)
- Manage the workload of the department including the allocation of tasks for (not limited to) editors, assistant editors, coordinators, and Graphic Designers to ensure that all tasks in the final stages of a project’s production are completed on time and within budget.
- Coordinate staff, freelancers, and edit job schedules to ensure flow of services.
- Liaise with the Head of Production and Head of Programming to organise and distribute best practices and policies, enforcing compliance.
- Liaise with the Production Manager to make sure review and approval happens at critical times.
- Sourcing innovative solutions to improve the efficiency of the post-production department.
- Quality control – Manage the work of coordinators in delivering programs to the agreed specification(s).
- General Post-Production duties, which may include ingesting of media, delivering links to Producers and general troubleshooting.
- Assigning post schedules – checking with Producers if viewing dates are going to be met and informing the Production Manager and the Head of Programming if not.
- Booking and coordinating Freelance Editors – and making PMs aware if going over the budget for this.
- Book (arrange) and coordinate services provided by external post houses- liaising with the PM to make sure they deliver on budget.
- Manage storage of media files and prepare for distribution.
- Updating, maintaining, and ensuring compliance with metadata standards.
- Motivate and manage teams within the post-Production remit to ensure good quality of output.
- Responsible for establishing and balance between creativity and practicality factoring in timescales and budget.
- An understanding of creative design and art direction in media
- Up to date with current creative editing and design trends
- Outstanding knowledge of workflows based around industry standard editing packages for both digital and broadcast deliveries.
- Proven track record of managing production of content from conception to production.
- Previous proven experience managing online editors and freelancers, production budgets, strategic postings, and client relationship development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and expectation management.
- Excellent organisation skills, interpersonal and management skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and to manage a team.
- Understanding the needs and standards of online and terrestrial broadcast
- Problem solving & leading by example.
- Media Degree or relevant qualifications.