Eman Academy Manager
Job Ref: EA103
Job Title: Head of Eman Academy
Reports to: CEO of Eman Channel
About Eman Academy: Eman Academy is one of the flagship projects of Eman Channel providing a modern take on classical learning. It is an online & on-demand platform that allows students to study Islamic Sciences in the comfort of their own home. The interactive online services help students track their progress and share knowledge with each other. With Mufti Ismail Menk as the dean of Eman Academy who teaches the science of Hadith, there are many other well established and highly regarded instructors the academy benefits from. With an international reach and around 10,000 students, Eman Academy continues to grow and continues to make a positive impact.
Job Summary: As the Head of the online Eman Academy, your primary responsibility is to oversee the daily operations of the academy, ensuring that it operates efficiently and effectively. In addition, to take the Academy to the next level where quality of courses is improved and retention strategy for students is produced and executed. Overall, the Head of Eman Academy plays a critical role in ensuring that students have access to high-quality online education services, and that the academy operates smoothly and efficiently.
Remuneration: Dependant on experience (negotiable)
Type: Full-time (5 days per week)
Base Location: East London (and remote as and when feasible)
- Planning and implementing online courses and programs: As a manager, you will need to ensure the existing courses are reviewed and new courses and programs are planned, as well as develop strategies to enhance existing ones. You will need to work with educators and content developers to ensure that course content is engaging and effective.
- Should there be a need, with the support of the HR department and in-line with HR Policies and procedures, you will be accountable for hiring and managing a team of technical and operational staff as well as availability of educators, presenters, and logistics for filming. You will need to ensure that your staff is well-trained, motivated and able to deliver high-quality online education services.
- With the support of the HR Department, you will need to ensure all personnel (including presenters, trainers and educators) have contract agreements in place.
- You will be required to build and maintain a healthy, collaborative, and effective rapport with other Eman Channel departments such as (and not limited to) the Marketing department, Programming and Production to allow for smooth creation, publishing and promotion of content.
- Budget management: You will need to establish and manage a budget for Eman Academy, ensuring that resources are allocated effectively to meet the academy’s goals.
- Student management: You will need to ensure that students are satisfied with their learning experience, and that their needs are being met. You may need to handle complaints, and work with instructors (and any other stakeholders/departments) to resolve any issues that arise.
- Marketing and promotion: You will need to develop marketing strategies and work very closely with the Eman Channel Marketing department to promote the academy and its courses, and to attract new students. This may involve creating marketing campaigns, social media outreach and other promotional activities including use of events to promote the academy.
- Technology management: You will need to oversee and be accountable for the technology infrastructure of the academy, ensuring that it is up-to-date, secure, and effective in delivering online education services including the amalgamation and migration activities required to achieve a single website platform bringing together legacy and new student base.
- Compliance management: You will need to ensure that the academy is compliant with all applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards, including privacy laws and accreditation requirements.
- Ensure there is a robust curriculum in place and is reviewed regularly.
- Establish and manage effect governance in the academy.
- Educational qualifications: should hold at least a bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as education, business management or a relevant subject area or have extensive experience in the education sector appropriate to this role.
- Experience: Working in education or managing an educational institution. Relevant experience may include teaching, administration or management roles in a school or university. Other experience will be considered provided there are transferable stills.
- Should have knowledge of the education sector, including trends and best practices, as well as financial management, marketing, and technology.
- Should be aware of and adhere to all applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards, including data protection laws, health and safety regulations, and educational standards set by local or national authorities (where applicable to Eman Academy).
- Continuous professional development: To keep up with the changing demands of the education sector and the methods/approaches used to provide interactive content, the Manager should be committed to ongoing professional development, attending workshops, conferences, and other training opportunities to stay up to date on industry trends, best practices, and regulations.
- Possess strong leadership, communication, and organisational skills, as well as the ability to motivate and manage staff inspire, and support employees to achieve their goals.
- Should also be able to delegate tasks, communicate effectively, and provide/receive constructive feedback.
- Possess the ability to analyse problems, identify solutions, and make decisions that benefit the Eman Academy. This requires critical thinking skills, good judgment, and the ability to weigh different options.
- Should be able to communicate effectively with employees, customers, and other stakeholders. This includes listening actively, presenting ideas clearly and persuasively, and writing clearly and concisely.