Job Ref: EC104
Job Title: Broadcasting & Studio Technician x 2 (we are looking for two people to perform this role)
Reports to: Broadcasting & Studio Manager
About Eman Channel:
Eman Channel aims to produce high-quality programs; in terms of both production value and Islamic principles; available freely on satellite television, mobile app and online. Eman Channel is a real alternative Islamic channel for Muslims.
Established over 7 years ago, based in London, Eman Channel broadcasts Islamic-centric programmes on Sky 757, Online via our website and various social media platforms.
The field of Islamic Media requires a boost to help engage all members of the Muslim community. We believe that Muslim families should be able to sit together and enjoy entertaining and informative programs, and our channel intends to bring about this positive change. Whilst our programs will provide suitable entertainment for all ages, our Islamic values will always be considered as well as the tolerant and respectful values of the country that host our channel. Viewers will be able to enjoy a large variety of unique and inspiring programs, from educational lectures to cookery and comedy shows.
Your primary responsibilities will cover two key areas Studio & Broadcasting.
As a Studio Broadcast Technician, you will be responsible for operating and maintaining all technical equipment and systems in our state-of-the-art studio, ensuring the successful production of high-quality broadcast content. The role includes editing the broadcast playouts, reviewing and analysing program folders and files that are TX-ready, creating and managing playlists from the Schedule Plan, and updating and maintaining breaks within the playlist and CGs.
You will also be required to assist in liaising with other departments, including Programming, Compliance, Audio, Marketing, Events, Business Sales, and Postproduction, to resolve Planning issues proactively.
Remuneration: Dependant on experience (negotiable)
Type: 4 days a week (rotating basis to cover any of the 4 of the 7 days in a week)
Base Location: East London (and remote as and when feasible)
- Review and analyse programme folders and files that are TX-ready.
- Create and manage Playlists from the Schedule Plan
- Update and maintain breaks within the playlist and CGs.
- Ensure Playlist & EPG are in sync with each other and Schedule Plan at all times.
- Aware of the changes of time for the Adhaan and update playlists accordingly
- Be aware of the changes of time when streaming from Makkah or Madinah and update accordingly.
- Continuously monitor live input times in the playlist
- Complete all remedial actions as per reports of Planning issues.
- Produce & Provide reports pertaining to your specific tasks.
- Assist in liaising with other departments including Programming, Compliance, Audio, Marketing, Events, Business Sales, and Post-Production to resolve Planning issues.
- Proactively suggest and develop new processes as required.
- Be the point of contact for programme scheduling issues that may arise which may require out-of-hours support.
- Operate and maintain studio equipment such as cameras, switchers, audio consoles, lighting systems, and other technical equipment to deliver a seamless on-air experience.
- Conduct tests and troubleshoot equipment to ensure everything is functioning correctly before broadcast productions.
- Monitor and adjust technical aspects of the production such as audio levels, camera angles, and lighting to ensure the quality of the broadcast content meets company standards.
- Ensure that the studio is always in a ready state, maintaining and organising equipment and ensuring all studio workflows are efficient.
- Collaborate with other production team members to ensure seamless live productions, including communicating with directors, producers, and on-air talent.
- Troubleshoot any technical issues that arise during broadcasts and make necessary repairs or adjustments as quickly as possible.
- Assist with the installation and maintenance of new equipment as needed, keeping up to date with the latest technology trends and advancements in studio technology.
- Work with the Engineering and IT teams to solve technical issues in the studio.
- There may be a requirement for out-of-hours working to support resolution of immediate issues.
- Operate the on-air playout systems and ensure smooth transitions between programs, commercials, and other content.
- Ensure that all programming is aired accurately and on time, according to the schedule.
- Monitor programming for quality and compliance with technical specifications, standards, and guidelines.
- Coordinate with other departments, such as scheduling, promotions, and traffic, to ensure accurate program and commercial scheduling.
- Troubleshoot any technical issues that arise during transmission, such as signal loss, audio or video problems, and equipment malfunctions.
- Maintain a detailed log of all programming that has aired and ensure that all necessary records are kept up to date.
- Work with producers and editors to ensure that all content is edited and formatted for broadcast in a timely and accurate manner.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure the smooth running of the playout operation and provide support to other departments as needed.
- Previous experience in a similar role in TV broadcasting or a related industry.
- Excellent knowledge of scheduling systems, playlist management, and EPG creation.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
- Excellent communication & organisation skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge and experience of managing Studio equipment.
- Ability to work well as part of a team as well as be self-motivated.
- Flexibility to work out of hours when required.
- Some qualification or certification in Broadcast, Media, or related field (preferrable)