Job Ref: EC108
Job Title: Assistant Producer
Reports to: Head of Programming (Pre-Production)
About Eman Channel: Eman Channel aims to produce high-quality programs; in terms of both production value and Islamic principles; available freely on satellite television, mobile app and online. Eman Channel is a real alternative Islamic channel for Muslims.
Established over 7 years ago, based in London, Eman Channel broadcasts Islamic-centric programmes on Sky 757, Online via our website and various social media platforms.
The field of Islamic Media requires a boost to help engage all members of the Muslim community. We believe that Muslim families should be able to sit together and enjoy entertaining and informative programs, and our channel intends to bring about this positive change. Whilst our programs will provide suitable entertainment for all ages, our Islamic values will always be considered as well as the tolerant and respectful values of the country that host our channel. Viewers will be able to enjoy a large variety of unique and inspiring programs, from educational lectures to cookery and comedy shows.
The Assistant Producer is a crucial administrative role in Pre-Production (Programming) working closely with Producers. The role could involve engaging with other stakeholders including but not limited Production, Post-Production, Marketing, Broadcasting & Distribution.
The requires the individual to coordinate schedules and pitch ideas for scripts/running orders. They may handle emails, phone calls and messages to and from different stakeholders. Assistant producers are essential for communicating the programs vision and managing various logistical aspects of a programme.
Remuneration: Dependant on experience (negotiable)
Type: 5 Days a week (Full-Time)
Base Location: East London (and remote as and when feasible)
- Preparing and distributing daily call sheets/rota/running orders of a show.
- Identifying and reporting concerns that arise.
- Upkeep the running of seasonal and rotating programs.
- Running errands and collecting supplies.
- Collaborating with the producer to create programme concepts and ideas.
- Gathering information, studies, and knowledge from reliable and accessible resources.
- Managing budget and assisting with financial reports.
- Communicating updates on progress reports.
- Contribute creative content ideas and research for refining script during pre-production.
- Coordinate the contracting process for all programming needs.
- Process compliance documentation required for production commencement
- Experience in the Media industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage time efficiently.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to make concise decisions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A keen eye for details.
- Exceptional organisational and people skills.
- A creative and hardworking individual.