The death toll from the Terrorist attacks in Christchurch has risen to 51 after a Turkish man who had been hospital receiving treatment died last night.
Seven weeks, today the Far-right White supremacist opened fire on worshippers in a Mosques and destroyed the lives of a peaceful community.
New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern shared the sad news along with Turkish authorities and PM Arden went on to say said in a statement that ‘the loss would be felt across both countries.’
“This man has been in intensive care since the attack,” Ardern said in a statement. “We have all been hoping for the best, however, he has now succumbed to the injuries sustained in the shooting at the Al Noor mosque.”
On Thursday, Turkey’s Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said on Twitter: “Unfortunately, we have lost our citizen Zekeriya Tuyan who was seriously wounded in the treacherous terrorist attack in Christchurch, New Zealand.”
The Turkish News Agency said the father of two was wounded in the back and the leg and died after undergoing surgery. New Zealand police said Tuyan was 46. He was one of three Turkish citizens wounded in the attack.
Ardern said Tuyan was only the second victim to die while in the hospital after one other victim was unable to be resuscitated on arrival at Christchurch Hospital on the day of the attacks.
She said that of the other 49 men, women and children who were shot and wounded in the attacks, nine remained hospitalised and all of them were in a stable condition.